Sunday, November 29, 2009

...sovreign...

I never realized how much I like to be in control...until I came to the place where I was forced to surrender that "control" to the Lord.  I like feeling as if I have power over tomorrow...as if I have an effect on what is going to happen to me.  If you think about it, it doesn't really make sense to be that way, does it?
If my life is truly centered upon my God, if He alone is my delight, my hope, my expectancy, then to fight for control over my life, to fight to make much of myself rather than following the will of my Father, would be an absolute slap in the face of everything I believe.  If I cling to the words of Ephesians, that the Lord has chosen me "before the foundation of the world" (Ephesians 1:4) for a purpose, and that He alone "works all things according to the counsel of His will," (Eph. 1:11), then I must believe that His control over my life will lead to His glory, and my good.
Perfect words...words of truth and grace...words that spark hope and life.  Yet, they are not always the easiest to follow...:)  My prayer is that I will find myself resting so completely in the Lord's sovreignty that I am fully surrendered to His will and His ways--which is, without a doubt, the best place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment