Thursday, July 29, 2010

...how awesome are your deeds...

Today was not necessarily a day where I wanted to just shout out great my God is.  Yet, when I opened up my Bible to read this morning, that is exactly what I had right in front of my face:  "Shout for joy to God, all the earth; sing the glory of His name, give to Him glorious praise!  Say to God, How awesome are your deeds!" (Psalm 66:1, 2).  Not my first thoughts in the midst of losing Grandpa and everything else.
And yet, I can do nothing less.  In every single way, God has proven faithful.  Even in death, birth, debt, frustrations, everything, He has remained gloriously faithful to His name and His steadfast love.  In every single way, I have experienced how awesome His deeds are:  it is only by His grace that I knew the most amazing Grandpa ever, it is by His grace that I have a precious family He uses to provide His love and comfort, it is by His grace that I have a husband He allows me to rest in, who takes care of even the smallest detail so I don't have to, it is by His grace that I have a beautiful baby Selah Rae inside me to serve as a reminder that even as life passes away, He makes all things new, and it is only by His precious, beautiful, peculiar grace that I might even be chosen as His child, set free completely by the work of His spirit to love and to walk in the same grace He has poured out upon me.  Yeah, without a doubt I have to join in with the psalmist and shout out the glory of His name.  With all my heart I cry out, "Come and see what God has done:  He is awesome in His deeds toward the children of man!"  (Psalm 66:5)  In every single way, it is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment