Saturday, December 26, 2009

...psalm 104...

Sometimes, we just don't learn things the first time...in fact, most of the time, we don't get things the first time :).  My kids and I have done countless lessons, only to have to turn around the next day and re-learn them again (and again, and again...). 
I can't get frustrated though...it's part of learning, in everything.  My list of lessons that I am learning, and having to review lately is long:  joy, delight in the Lord, embracing inadequacy, trusting process, faith, contentment...see what I mean?  One that I've had to review almost daily has been the sovereignty of the Lord.  He is above and over everything...it's His, for Him, to His glory (even my life, no matter how hard I try to hold onto it).
And yet there is such beauty in that.  Just read the words of Psalm 104 (I won't quote it, it's long).  The entire 35 verses are all about rejoicing in the Lord because He is over all creation.  Nothing happens without Him, nor is outside His design.  Things as small and minute as rays of light, things as huge as the sky and oceans and mountain ranges.  He gives purpose to everything and for everything:  His provision of food for all created things, the winds as His messenger, rocks as homes for badgers...His purpose is even seen in putting the whales to "play" in the seas.  Everything in all creation is because of Him, for Him, and works perfectly according to His plan.
When I read words like that, when I see their evidence even in the world around me, I can't help but rejoice at the sovereignty of my God.  Lord, let me trust my life to You...knowing that in Your hands is full purpose, provision, and joy.  (May it be a lesson that no longer needs review....)

No comments:

Post a Comment