Wednesday, April 7, 2010

a little closer than I think ...

Far too often, I find myself so quick to judge.  And far too often in those moments, I find myself so quickly convicted...often, about the same thing I was judging.
I was reading this morning in Isaiah.  The Lord is condemning His people because they have chosen to wake up early and go to bed late, running after wine, feasts, music...everything. The culmination of it all?  They have failed to regard Him at all (Isaiah 5:11-12).
Immediately I judge, shaking my head at Israel, wondering how in the world they could choose such foolish things over God Himself, and so thankful that I never make such a choice.  I don't do anything as bad as that, right?
And then it hit me...I do that in so many ways, far more often than I want to admit.  How many times do I choose doing something for work over my time with the Lord?  How often do I allow myself to be distracted by Facebook, my blog, or cleaning...?  How many times a day do I choose anything over the Lord?  The answer shows I am far too close to Israel than I want to be.  Just like them, I give no regard for the Lord
I pray you won't find yourself in such a place...to where that can be said of you as well.  But, if you do, I pray we all might realize the urgency of getting to the place where there is no doubt we completely regard Him in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment