Monday, April 12, 2010

...my baby girl...and the beauty of the Cross

I met my baby girl on Friday.  I still can't get over how perfect she is.  Not perfect in the sense that she will do no wrong (although right now her record is pretty spotless :)...but perfect in the sense that she is everything the Lord has designed her to be.  Everything about her proclaims the glory of His grace.  I couldn't stop staring at her.  She's so beautiful, so full of life already.  Every picture we have, she has her feet over her head, showing off how well she bends and moves.  She made sure to yawn at us and even tried to suck her thumb.  Like I said...perfection.
As I sat there watching her, I was overwhelmed with so much humility.  Nothing within me deserves such a treasure.  I will never understand why the Lord would choose to bless me with such a gift.  And in all reality, there is no rhyme or reason to it...none of it.  It only comes by His grace, nothing else can be the source.  It probably sounds really weird to say that looking at my precious daughter on a sonogram makes me think of the Cross, but it does.  For the Cross is the epitome, the fountain of grace.  My precious, glorious, sinless Savior was hung upon it--He who was perfect, who knew no sin, took my sin and put it upon Himself; His righteousness became mine, and in the eyes of God Himself I, who had once been a sinner, was now seen as completely pure and innocent before Him. 
As one who has been completely covered in that grace, I must see it in everything, realizing that everything is from my Father.
I pray you might see that grace in everything...whether it's the precious yawns of a baby girl, the beauty of a sunrise, or the provision of finances for another day, all things come from Him, and all things are by the grace of His Cross.  May you find yourself completely enthralled with the beauty of it all.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lacey! Thanks for sharing these thoughts. I'm 8 weeks along my journey in being a mom and your thoughts really spoke to me. I know you'll be a wonderful mom. God Bless!
    Joaenea Horn

    ReplyDelete