Thursday, October 15, 2009

To live loved...

So...yesterday did not have the best start for me. First thing in the morning, I found myself in a situation where someone was not happy with me. Details aren’t important or necessary, but suffice it to say I found myself with my head on my desk crying during my 9:00 conference., and for the rest of the day continued to doubt my abilities as a teacher.

The point of the story, however, is not to earn extra sympathy for Mrs. Wilcox, or to make it seem like someone had done wrong to me, or anything like that. In fact, none of those are even close to truth or purpose. Rather, the point of it all hit me just this morning. I pray that in sharing my own lesson learned, I might be able to provide some encouragement and direction for someone else.

I was driving to school this morning, thinking about a lot of things at once: plans for the day, everything that happened yesterday (praying it wouldn’t happen again), the lesson I get to share with some awesome college girls this weekend, when the Lord broke in with a word for my heart and mind.

Do I truly believe the words of Colossians 1:15-18…that He alone is FULLNESS, He alone is above all, He alone is preeminence? If I do, then my perspective must change. I mist take myself outside of every situation, and instead of looking at the way it effects me, look at how He is in control of it, and how it can bring Him glory and praise.

That, in every single way, is what it means to live loved…to live in the purpose for which He has created us. Everything must point back to Him. Everything must be for Him…for His glory, and His praise. All of a sudden, situations with unhappy people aren’t about me…all of a sudden I don’t have to lay my head on my desk in tears, cry to my husband, or ask my Mom and Dad for long distance hugs. Instead, I can rest in the fact that He is in complete sovereignty over all, HE has control over everything, and I can focus upon how I can respond to the situation to most bring Him glory and praise.

I pray today that you might see every situation as a new opportunity...an opportunity to make Him your Treasure above all else, to find Him in everything, to adore Him, to love Him...to live to the praise of the glory of who He is...I pray today, you might truly live loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment